Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by anonomous
and not to belabor my point but think about this...go to any HS/AAU Football or Baseball or Basketball game and watch the stands when a team does something cool like score a nice touchdown/basket or make a great play on defense..the whole crowd gets into it and cheers..now watch the sidelines during your kids travel lax game...how many folks actually ever cheer for someone besides their own kids success?...maybe its because they pay buku $$ and think it entitles them to be selfish and narcissistic about their kids...watch what happens when their son/daughter gets the ball in the open field..how many "go to goal" or "shoot" shouts do you hear?...imagine if a kid got a rebound in basketball and the mom/dad was screaming to drive the length of the court for a shot..it would sound [lacrosse]..in Lax its almost expected...such a shame..

Couldn't agree more. Everyone cringes when someone other than their kid scores in lacrosse. This BS recruiting has ruined the game. But the parents of those skilled kids care less about everyone else. Here is the stock answer - Get on the wall if you cant keep up. I'm not going to apologize for my kid being so talented. What they don't understand is that we would all love to cheer for them like we do in football or basketball but when we are up by 10 pass the freakin ball and be a GOOD TEAMMATE!

I cheer for every kid on the field and can only hope it has some level of contagiousness. The sick thing is that when I see an amazing play by someone on the other team I may even DARE to utter 'good play' aloud to the opposing player. What sacrilege I suppose. I don't care what other parents think... if they think I'm an a-hole for rooting for their kid and others, so be it. To quote a fine reverend: If loving the lord is right, I don't want to be wrong.....