Originally Posted by Anonymous
I
This is a girl that doesn't want to be on the best team, which would raise her level of play, she doesn't want the competition. Competition is what gives the teams their edge. You have to earn your spot on one of the top teams.

How can you know your full potential and level of play if your club team avoids all the top teams? I'm guessing it's safer to stay rather than have to go to other clubs and actually have a real tryout and have people see your real potential/talent outside of the purple uniform, It will be pretty interesting to see if one A level player can help save this team this upcoming year. I think she will also see the light and leave and that would be The final nail in the coffin for TG. Don't see who's left staying around while they're team is being laughed at as the rise and fall of the once mighty TG

6 years ago when TG started, it was one of the only other legit options to YJ. Shannon and Bill didn't have to work hard to field good/great teams. Now the momentum has swung the other way either back to YJ or to the new kid in town Legacy. The club can be "saved" but it will take some effort. In my opinion it will depend on the coaches, they have to be involved. The extra 10 practices are a good start. Coaches need to be at practices with their teams and at tournaments with their teams.
My experience, was practices were run by one group of coaches and tournaments by another coach often without much knowledge of the team she was coaching that weekend. Moving forward that needs to change.

You are 100% correct. Most teams are coached by young college girls that will be away at school for winter practice. They will also miss most of the spring practices before the first tournament because school hasn't let out yet. How can you expect the teams to gel when the coaches are seeing them for the first time at a tournament?