Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't think we here in MD have more good players. LI's population has got to be greater than the area of MD where the good lax is played (Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Howard counties), but I agree that maybe there are too many teams on LI, diluting the talent on each team a little. In MD the good teams would generally be considered, in no particular order: M&D, Integrity, Heros, SkyWalkers...then a slight step down to Md United, Bay Area, CheckHers...then another step down to CC Lax, Rebels...then a BIG step down to API and ULax. So, as you can see, there is really only 4 or 5 teams here that get the best players (with some exceptions of course). I lost count of how many teams there are on LI, but I bet it's more than this.
Now here is the funny thing about you guys chest thumping. Out of last years freshman class in college the best player wasn't from Maryland, and didn't play for Y.J.

There's only 1 team on LI that gets the majority of the top players. That's actually what makes it more impressive that MD does have M&D, Heros, Skywalkers, TLC etc that can all win games over any LI team.