Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]My daughter tried out last week and made top gun purple. should have made black team but was new to the club so i guess they moved up existing players.I'd put her as a low or mid/low level "A" player if I was ranking her. Haven't responded yet. Wondering if people decline their black team spots if they would offer it to her. Hesitant to commit to the purple team. Also we did get email reminders to accept this week. Any comments would be appreciated

Waiting for Legacy then the chips will fall into place. Big turnover this year on both the black and purple not sure what your getting from either team.

Every club out there is the right fit for certain people. So many parents think that their kid making the top team at the top club will ultimately make them happy. While making the top team is an accomplishment, and your daughter should be proud if she makes it, the reality is that the experience may not be great. A kid struggling to stay afloat on top team, may indeed have a better experience on the team below. I see it every year with a few kids . There will always be a handful of players on every team who are quite frankly in over their heads. Best to keep a realistic expectation of what team your kid should be on and pick the best team that truly fits her talent/skill and most importantly athletic level.