Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many camps does the average 8th grader do in a summer? I feel like we are falling behind. I can't believe how much time and money some of my daughters teammates are spending

Worry not, that $25k lax money may net a return of 8k in scholarships... so the investment is sound.

Not to mention these girls have lost complete touch with their friends. They haven't been home all summer! The parents say the kids love it, but did anyone ask the kids? All their friends are at the beach, in the pool and hanging out while they work fulltime as a 14 year old getting into college. Maybe they should be allowed to be kids and figure out college when they are juniors in HS like everybody else

Their friends will still be hanging out Wasting time in August, they can relax then. Two months of doing nothing is too much when you can be imroving at something that can be life changing if you get recruited to the right school. Speaking of that, how many rising freshman have made their commitment , and what clubs do they play for?