Originally Posted by Anonymous
curcio won it all for the 2020's beat M&D in the semi's and Heroes in the finals

YJ Curcio 2020 should now be known as YJ Curcio 1010's because only half of your played in both those games. Rumor has even the pay to play players watched from the sidelines, good luck getting recruited from the bench.

Are you guys under the impression that there should always be equal playing time in club lacrosse?

My daughter doesn't play for YJ but her team has different sub patterns based on who they are playing. In finals this weekend, there were 5 or 6 girls that didn't play at all. Throughout the weekend though, it was more balanced. This isn't rec lacrosse. The clubs are in the business of winning tournaments. If you don't like it, you can find another place for your daughter to play where she would get more time. The coaches are not, and should not be expected to play everyone the same in championship tournaments. When they get to high school and they are showcases that is a different story.

Thanks CR we get it, you keep cashing those checks though. Your not a nice person just greedy you want to win and don't care about the money cut your roster sizes down. yes I know nobody forces you to write that check. you have children hopefully there coaches and the organizations they play for treat them better then you treat your clients. monopolizing girls lax on long island was genius on your part, your instilling bullying on your coaches and that is being passed on to children. sleep well CR you are a mom also, aren't you?

I'm the OP and I'm not even from LI, let alone am I CR.

My point is, all the top clubs try to win championships. As you know if your daughter is on one of these teams, at the most 2 of the 4 pool games are ever even close. There is plenty of playing time in the other games. If you expect any coach to make playing time equal in close playoff games you're delusional. The coaches answer to the club directors who expect them to win. Neither CR, the one at Yellow Jackets or M&D, want to hear from a coach that they lost because they had to get all their bench players in.

It's the harsh reality of the sport that starts to hit as the girls get older. You and your daughter need to decide if it's worth not playing to have the bee sticker or if she'd be better off somewhere where she would play in the playoff games. No parent wants to face the truth that their daughter may not be as good as the top 15 or 16 girls on the team. But if she isn't playing in these games that is what you are facing.