Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We were talking to some new people this weekend about our daughter and recruiting. I was shocked to hear that some schools wont want our daughter depending on her major? That left a really sour taste about the whole D1 process with these kids being employees and not students. Our daughter is very good but not great so I don't think she will have the power to have coaches look the other way if she picks a super hard major for her lifelong CAREER!

What majors are considered easy? Which majors are considered hard? Some schools are known for certain areas of study as well. Can you elaborate?
Medical and Architecture are two of the biggest non lacrosse majors, some engineering majors also, anything that takes the student off campus for clinical or field work. Communications is the modern day "basket weaving", business is also a good Lax Major. Nursing is out for most schools except Marquette, Jacksonville and L.I.U. I personally think it's a travesty that the biggest D1 school on L.I. is known for its Medical program but does not have a single medical related major on it's roster. S.B. will be turning out a lot of Y.J. coaches for the future.