Originally Posted by Anonymous
Oh Mr. Florida. Ok, if you say so.
A little bizzare, freakish actually, that you state you're watching this kids every move. Something tells me you're a lot closer to this situation than you claim to be.
In any event, the rips come on how everyone should be celebrating this player, how truly unique, how truly special, blah blah blah. Good for her, good for the family, but let's spare the specialness on how this player works 1000% harder than every other 8th grader nationour kids hids clear. s is a young 8th grader, still in middle school, shouldn't be making that type of decision, regardless of talent or focus or uniqueness. It's the result of a process that has gotten out of hand, and if continued will only be a matter of time before 8th graders are all committing and someone else will boast how a 6th grader just made her college choice.
Don't worry about me or my children, as a former D1 athlete I don't have to live thru my kids, and all of mine are or will wind up playing at the best academic/athletic fit for them. But I do appreciate your concern that somehow we aren't quite as special.
Sincerely,
Truth hurts.

what a horses arse you are! You think that we all can't read through your veiled jealousy. Former D1 athlete, what a joke. Very telling that you mentioned that. Your kid is probably on the YJ 4th team and its driving you crazy mad that your prior D1 athletic prowess didn't rub off. Your poor daughter. She probably hates you and you don't even know it yet. Why do you care what decisions this young lady makes? You mention "freaky and bizarre"...take a guess at what most level headed people think about your anonymous derogatory comments about a 14 year old who's a smart kid and was given an opportunity to follow her dreams. Grow up and please let us all know the college you attended so we can all steer clear as your parents clearly wasted their money.

Different poster here, but let me just ask a simple question, why does this decision have to made so young? If this particular girl, or any girl, is good enough to be courted by top colleges at such a young age, wouldn't one assume that she will still be a top kid a few years from now? If the answer is that "the money will be gone", then there in lies the problem. So I really don't care what you say about this girl or any other, none of them should be making this decision at this age. If 'Cuse is the perfect fit, it will also be a perfect fit 3 years from now. So I think a "shame on you" is deserved in this situation, to Syracuse and Coach Gait. You can't tell me he was afraid of "losing her". Because Syracuse is everything this 13 year old has ever dreamed of and it's such a perfect fit that there was no chance he would have lost her. Will someone with a super talented daughter please stand up to this and protect their kids and the rest of us from this? Just say we are going to wait. It will all work out better in the long run. And it will let us poor souls with not quite as talented daughters also wait until they become more equipped to make these decisions. Thanks.

Let me ask you a question, are you saying that somehow the junior in high school some how figures it all out? LOL not a chance.