Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by anonomous
there is not another "team" sport where parents could care less about the teams success, if their daughter is not the star, than travel lax...it has spawned a generation of "me first" kids and worse, parents who live and die with their child's success on a lax field. Unfortunately we are ALL guilty of being those parents and anyone who says differently is an outright liar..it is really shameful when folks turn to berating kids or coaches on a lax website...maybe we do need President Bernie Sanders to make college free so we can all stop drinking the scholarship Kool-Aid...

Couldn't agree more. In our town if you aren't playing travel lax you are shunned and if you stick it out the ball never seems to find you. I have been hearing about recruiting and commiting on our PAL sideline since the 3rd GRADE! Some kids just want to play and the selfish play of the girls looking for the early verbal is driving kids away in droves. You hear very little about any of this INDIVIDUAL nonsense on any other sport sideline. Lacrosse sidelines are toxic and its a shame because it is a great sport being ruined by bad parents and selfish me first play.

Sing it brother or sister... sing it. I'd love to think some parents would start policing the [lacrosse] bag parents... but I doubt it. At some point I just know I'm going to get to watch a quality beatdown on the sidelines.... some canvas belted loafer wearing loudmouth who forgets that other kid's parents are right next to him and the crap he is spewing is going to get his vineyard vines polo pulled over his head like a hockey jersey... and let the windmilling start.

Kidding aside, the parents are getting worse and worse every year.
Just cheer your kid on or STFU