Originally Posted by Anonymous
There is nothing successful about a 2020 committing. I'm guessing you are the same poster who constantly is trying to defend the posting. No one can defend that an 8th grader has it all figured out, knows the life plan, and has a successful road map in place. I'm sure though you're in the same camp that will start cheering when 6th and 7th graders commit, because they are successful and special, and somehow you know them or are related to you. This air of success is exactly why steps are being taken to curtail it. Can't come soon enough.

Look most 8th graders are still little girls so this will be the exception not the norm. If this is all true this girl must be a gifted athlete and congratulations to her and her family. If this school or another top program came knocking on my door and I imagine if they are trying to lock you up this early they are throwing a boatload of money I would be all over it! I would also quickly help my kid figure it out. We know plenty of HS and college kids that still don't know what they want. This girl can now focus on her studies and continue to play without all the stress and nonsense for the next 4 years. I say well done !