Originally Posted by Anonymous
Big win for igloo? Are you kidding. If it's MM she did nothing for the 2018 girls. That group was very talented a summer or two ago but she did nothing with them. Came to practice late. Never carried lax stick. Had kids raise their hand for the position they play and counted off the amount needed and they go in. Players not selected from practice performance caus she wasn't there to see them or even know them! Lol

MM is a great coach and a prominent coach on LI. I think that it would be hard to coach a team where the director takes over and doesn't allow you to do anything. I also think the motivation for her to excel is hard when coaches don't get paid for their work. Probably the reason why many coaches have left Elevate.

I couldn't agree more about MM. She's a terrific coach and outstanding role model for our girls. Igloo is fortunate to have her.

She is a great coach and that is why many of the kids followed her from elevate to igloo. Kids will certainly benefit from having her as a coach and a leader.

I'm sure she is a great coach when she applies herself, but the fact that she didn't even come to half of my daughter's practice or tournaments the past two years was very disappointing. She did apologize to our team (I believe she missed often for weddings), but why sign up for something that you can't commit to? I'm sure Igloo is an easier choice for her because they don't travel. I hope she'll be more committed to this program.

You are absolutely correct, she did not come to your daughters practice's or tournaments the last 2 years. That is probably because 2 years ago she coached 2018 and 2021 blue teams and then last year she was moved to coach the younger elevate teams (since elevate realised how great she was with the younger girls. That said, if your daughter was on 2018 or 2021 MM would not have been there last year, which is most likely why you didn't see her. Sounds like elevate is not communicating very well. You should find out who your daughters coach is this year so you aren't looking for MM again since she is at igloo.