Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't think we here in MD have more good players. LI's population has got to be greater than the area of MD where the good lax is played (Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Howard counties), but I agree that maybe there are too many teams on LI, diluting the talent on each team a little. In MD the good teams would generally be considered, in no particular order: M&D, Integrity, Heros, SkyWalkers...then a slight step down to Md United, Bay Area, CheckHers...then another step down to CC Lax, Rebels...then a BIG step down to API and ULax. So, as you can see, there is really only 4 or 5 teams here that get the best players (with some exceptions of course). I lost count of how many teams there are on LI, but I bet it's more than this.
Now here is the funny thing about you guys chest thumping. Out of last years freshman class in college the best player wasn't from Maryland, and didn't play for Y.J.

There's only 1 team on LI that gets the majority of the top players. That's actually what makes it more impressive that MD does have M&D, Heros, Skywalkers, TLC etc that can all win games over any LI team.

Okay I will take a chance at this one , who was the best freshmen player ? Let me guess you are going with IL selection. If you are she was not names best freshmen player and then you have to also take into account that they selected 7 MD players to their senior high school team and 5 out of their 6 LI players were YJ.
and out of all of those mentioned only this 1 (I believe) was at the U.S woman try outs with the best in the world. I don't know why you're talking about any Senior because I'm talking about freshmen, so if someone was picked for a H.S. senior team the year before that has no bearing on the statement,

So you using one girl to try to argue that YJ has almost all of the top players on LI? Again, the impressive part in MD is that there are so many good options and the talent is spread out among 4 or more teams that can all compete with anyone nationally. What LI club other than YJ can compete with these MD teams? Just think if all the MD players moved to one club as is typical with YJ.