Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many camps does the average 8th grader do in a summer? I feel like we are falling behind. I can't believe how much time and money some of my daughters teammates are spending

Worry not, that $25k lax money may net a return of 8k in scholarships... so the investment is sound.

Not to mention these girls have lost complete touch with their friends. They haven't been home all summer! The parents say the kids love it, but did anyone ask the kids? All their friends are at the beach, in the pool and hanging out while they work fulltime as a 14 year old getting into college. Maybe they should be allowed to be kids and figure out college when they are juniors in HS like everybody else

Amen to that- I wish there was just a serious local intramural league for them so we could avoid this travel crap. The time+money vs actual playing time isn't worth it. My daughter gets a huge amount of time on the field in these things but it still isn't worth throwing out 4+ weekends a summer. I get angry if you even say Belt Parkway now.