Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How did API and Crabs look today

Watched one game involving Dukes and API, and another involving Crabs and Philadelphia Freedom. All of these teams looked solid, and the potential for growth and development opportunities was apparent. Dukes had kids from Koopers, Rising Sons, Looneys and I believe Brotherly Love (?) playing on team. Dukes goalie could not have been a 2022 (he was enormous and had facial hair), but someone mentioned the regular goalie was out of town. Dukes built a halftime lead over API but API played them even in second half, and always appeared competitive. Got some very good LSM play. Dukes defense solid, but all scoring came from two kids. Dukes deeper/more talented, but did not appear "invincible".

Crabs beat a very good Freedom team by 3 goals. Like all the teams I observed, way too many turnovers and losses of possession. Physical play. Good goaltending and adequate defense. Offense looked improved over what i observed last year.

By the way, the Delaware facility is tremendous. Shame we don't have a similar complex in Maryland. All of these 2022 teams looked great and not much separates them. Wish I could have seem a Hawks game, but most of the 2022's played at the same time intervals

Facial Hair! Hilarious.. So many over age players for the proper grade now. It is a shame, but it does work..Look at Dukes roster. They show birthdays for many players. Some are two years older than they should be for class. Many are 1 and many are older for their year. Bottom line. Hold your child back if you want to play D1. Your changes are better

The goalie does not have facial hair. He is the usual goalie for the team. He plays for Koopers. Not sure where you think that Dukes has a roster posted at all, let alone one with birthdates. My son is on the team as well as 2 of his club teammates and all 3 of them are normal age 2022 players.

Guessing he's referring to Duke University. There are a bunch of reasons why college players are older - they were held back when they 4-5, did a PG after HS, redshirt due to injury, Grad student. There was one Duke player that joined the military after graduating, did a couple of tours in middle east and then cam back and played as a grad student at 26. Also my 13 and 16 year started shaving at the same time, Go figure....

Yes , Duke U. The majority of players are on the older side for their class. Not talking about the odd grad student or the odd post Military student.

Call it what you want..Prefirst/reclass/holdback for youth and redshirt/PG for post graduation. If you go this route your chances are much better to play at any top D1 College. Its a fact. The majority of May thru Aug birthdays are players that were helback. Another fact.

Now that lacrosse is somewhat growing ...expect to see more kids heldback in youth lacrosse. It sure isnt going to be less Prefirst/reclass/holdbacks.. And for all you MIAA people, a prefirst is a heldback student. He was just held back in Kindergarten, And yes there are other reasons besides sports. Still shouldnt give him an advantage others cant have with exact same birthday.

Thank you sir; everything that is wrong with youth sports today summed up in one post!! SMH