Originally Posted by Anonymous
What makes a elite team is holdbacks and lots of them . Because their not good enough to play with guys the same age .

Many Elite teams have few if any holdbacks last year. This year all teams will have a more simply because its the nature of the beast. There is no rules stopping it. Like it or not that i how the system is that every parent agrees to play in. So take your cry baby post to the forum that was set up for parents who continue to sign up for something that they complain about over and over again. Remember there is a ton of A,B,C and Rec teams for your kid to play on. Please don't join a team that you know has holdbacks because they all do now and cry because another team might have more or you are not as good as another team.

And the sad thing is that you buy into this since your child can not stand out against children his own age. You and your kind could care less about the integrity of Youth lacrosse.

My son is not a holdback but has few on his team and he gets jacked up to play against them and anyone else. He will also never whine or complain about doing so. Just a small life lesson he gets on a daily basis(life is not fair) and chooses to play on. He also knows not to sign up for something he will only discredit or complain about. If he didn't want to play at this level then he wouldn't. He also is well aware of his peers that have daddy dictating every single thing and those that make excuses. Hence , he will never ever spend time with those that choose to do something only to whine and complain about it. So. me and my kind care more about lacrosse and the unreal competitive teams from Rec to AA. We do more for this sport than most and the Integrity of the sport is higher than ever at every level. AA is as very small handful of teams that CHOOSE to play at that level well aware of the rules and holdbacks.There is hundreds of teams this weekend playing that are not at that level because they CHOOSE not to play AA . Hundreds of teams this weekend. We do not buy into anything , we choose to do things. Me and My Kind' that is funny stuff.
Car ride homes for your kid must be exciting-

You're also teaching him to be a sucker