Originally Posted by Anonymous
The LWLC 2021 Coach left right before tryouts so I don't think Laxworld has a 2021 team either. He went to Breakers & I think many of the LWLC boys followed him there.

Like getting rescued from the Titanic by the Hindenburg

I view it differently. Breakers will be a "survivor" as clubs like LWLC, Bitmore and others fade into memory. There are, IMHO, too many clubs, and the environment will become one of consolidation. The growth of clubs in the last ten years apparently has outpaced the number of clients available to serve. Whatever the prior experiences at Breakers, perhaps with a new directorship and with greater player participation, the organization might flourish again. Who knows, but at least they will survive along with a handful of others in the Baltimore area and so at least have the opportunity to examine and reexamine itself with hopes of improving. I am not sure that Team 91MD has a long shelf life, along with Team 42, Green Turtle. Less competition will invariably result in better teams, better organizations, and perhaps multiple teams at grade levels which will permit better coaching of basic skills at the second level.

All clubs that regularly fail to post more than 1 team in the top hoco divisions are not likely to survive or will need to merge to do so.
Rock has merged with Bitmore and Chaos and is still struggling.
Lacrosse is just not as popular as it was and club fees have almost doubled in the past 5 years.
Baltimore is saturated - Greene Turtle, Kooper's, Breakers, LaxWorld, Team 42, Coppermine, and Wolfpack could probably all benefit from some consolidation.

Many of these players should be playing rec. Maybe parents are finally realizing that if your child isnt some true older athletic player or you didnt hold your child back he isnt going to be elite level player ... so why pay thousands of dollars to not play against the elite level teams. save yourself thousands of dollars and play against non elite teams. ..