Originally Posted by watchthemplay
I see you are the only one champion this on here. I believe the majority of kids playing are closer to my kids age by 6 months. There may be a few outliers but thats it and everyone seems to be on board. I have not broken any rules, when my son was in REC he played in the 7/8,9/10 and 11/12 age group that he was slated for and now in Club he is playing with his peers in his grade. Nothing has changed for my son in his entire lacrosse life. He has played every other year against older kids in rec and never complained because those were the rules. Now when he joined Club they say he plays in his graduation year as per the rules. We and 1000's of other parents are just following the rules.

It seems to be all in your mind, and blaming parents because you again perceive that there is magically some advantage is not gettin you anywhere. Kids grow size wise at all different times in life and all mature at different levels as well. You can have a big kid who is not mentally tough yet or a pint size kid that will run over that big kid. Again the parents didn't make up these rules, we have been following them through rec and club as they are written

Quit be angry at the parents, and I'm starting to agree with other posters, you must make excuses for your child instead of just letting him play and have fun at a level that fits his skill level.

If Hawks wants to field 15 year olds then so be it, let them win the HOCO league, my child know winning is not everything. Growing in your skill level, learning to compete at a high level always means playing the bigger better teams. He wants to play for high school, maybe college so he is making himself better. Getting beat by a better old team stinks but he learns and moves on does not go home and cry about it.

If you think he's the only one disgusted by holdbacks and your stupid excuses you haven't been paying attention