Originally Posted by Anonymous
How did API and Crabs look today

Watched one game involving Dukes and API, and another involving Crabs and Philadelphia Freedom. All of these teams looked solid, and the potential for growth and development opportunities was apparent. Dukes had kids from Koopers, Rising Sons, Looneys and I believe Brotherly Love (?) playing on team. Dukes goalie could not have been a 2022 (he was enormous and had facial hair), but someone mentioned the regular goalie was out of town. Dukes built a halftime lead over API but API played them even in second half, and always appeared competitive. Got some very good LSM play. Dukes defense solid, but all scoring came from two kids. Dukes deeper/more talented, but did not appear "invincible".

Crabs beat a very good Freedom team by 3 goals. Like all the teams I observed, way too many turnovers and losses of possession. Physical play. Good goaltending and adequate defense. Offense looked improved over what i observed last year.

By the way, the Delaware facility is tremendous. Shame we don't have a similar complex in Maryland. All of these 2022 teams looked great and not much separates them. Wish I could have seem a Hawks game, but most of the 2022's played at the same time intervals.

Facial Hair! Hilarious.. So many over age players for the proper grade now. It is a shame, but it does work..Look at Dukes roster. They show birthdays for many players. Some are two years older than they should be for class. Many are 1 and many are older for their year. Bottom line. Hold your child back if you want to play D1. Your changes are better.

The goalie does not have facial hair. He is the usual goalie for the team. He plays for Koopers. Not sure where you think that Dukes has a roster posted at all, let alone one with birthdates. My son is on the team as well as 2 of his club teammates and all 3 of them are normal age 2022 players.

Normal age like 19?