Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
First of all, 3d 2022 was never that good. Second, don't know what you mean by the "entire 3d 2022 team." That team imploded. Know lots of former 3d 2022 players that now play for new teams. So it would be impossible for Evergreen to have gotten them all. Third, tell the Evergreen owner to quit all the annoying posts -- it is just making everyone hate his club. If you want to publicize your club, win some games first.

Names and the clubs they play for? No? Thought so.

Can't post names on this forum. Nice try...

As a disinterested (in these two clubs anyway) third party, reading about halfway between the extremes posted here and in the Madlax forum I have a pretty good idea what happened.

Evergreen probably did show up with less kids than they hoped they would have. And Madlax may have as well. So they probably ran drills with the two teams combined and had some situational and controlled scrimmage stuff. Probably fast break, man-up/man-down, half-field 6v6, and a little time full-field. I'd bet Madlax dictated most of the action but Evergreen probably did some nice things during the course of the practice. And maybe even scored a decent amount, might've even won a period of that.

Evergreen probably got a good idea of where they really are. If they do have a decent amount of the 3d 2022 team, that team was competitive at 'AA' last year, and I think even won the HoCo tournament, such as it is. Any team that can do that would certainly be competitive in 'AA' and probably pretty good at 'A.' Heck, if Next Level, FCA, and/or that god-awful Crabs team stay at Elite, Evergreen might even be able to win a game or two in that division. And Madlax Cap wasn't great in that division, so if Evergreen kind of hung with them (which is what I believe) then they should be able to compete some there.

Now if they didn't really get a bunch of those 3d kids, then yeah, they'll be lucky to compete at 'B' this year. But reading between the lines I'd be willing to bet they got better since last summer.

So I'd guess it wasn't an "absolute waste of time" for Madlax, but I highly doubt "there's a new sheriff in town" in Evergreen either.