Dont think he Deserves anything, he earned it by not complaing all through rec when he was younger. I never told him it is a disadvantge to be younger or that "it's ok the other kids are older". I kept encourging and just enjoying watching him compete wether he had a good game or got beaten down by those "older kids". I never complained about Sept 1 date line.

YOu seem obsessed with this Holdback thing. It is part of the sport and its not just a few, it is increasingly normal for a child to be 14 in Eighth Grade.

It sounds like you are missing out on watching your kid play and worrying about every other kid that you perceive is a hold back on the field because he looks big, fast etc. Just like you come on here a bash other clubs and parents when i know you have no idea the age of every kid on every Elite team in HOCO. Enjoy this time because it ends pretty quick. Again if your kid is truly talented them he will get noticed in high school and have a shot at playing D1. Not sure what else would bother you because i hope NOBODYon here is hoping their kids future is professional Lacrosse.

Just like Most parents reason for holdbacks is helping them academically in high school, more mature and able to handle things...but i do realize a few are doing it for the sport and that is not something i would choose but to do but i am not worried about their children just my own.