Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's the parents, not the kids, who hate each other. My kids regularly hang out with and communicate with kids from other teams, some of whom they barely know, but have a great deal of respect for.

This! I am reminded of a movie called "Finding Bobby Fisher" about kids playing competitive chess. At one point, a tournament organizer is forced to lock the parents out of the building so that the kids could just compete in peace. Shame on all and everyone of us that contributes to a toxic environment knowingly and/or unknowingly. Let's check our egos at the door this year and let these kids play, be competitive but also mutually supportive, and as others have pointed out, help our kids create, develop and nurture relationships they will shortly experience during their high school years as the play against the best lacrosse competition at any level in this country. That is a legacy we can all work towards building.
[/quote]

You are the funniest person on this forum. Let's all have a group hug and agree to a code of conduct. Oh yeah most of us already signed some agreement that this is travel and we play to win. Some of the best games have been up north vs LI and NJ teams. Players play and parents get to talk as much [lacrosse] as they want. Thousands a year spent on lacrosse you bet your [lacrosse] I'm going to talk [lacrosse] at the games and on this forum. If you want peace and quiet go have your kid join the chess club.