Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Maryland residents focus on sports much more than the rest of the country, so percentage wise, more Maryland kids play D1 than other states. For example, most states list that fewer than 1% of kids go on to play D1 basketball, but in MD, the percentage is over 5%.

MD has a long history of strong BB players and Teams from Balt City and DC suburbs. That along with 30% Black population in State helps that D1 stat in MD.

The actor playing Joseph Goebbels in The Inglorious Bastards made a similar statement when referring to U.S. success at the Olympics. Looks like you're keeping good company these days.

NCAA Div 1 athletics playing Basketball that are Black is close to 60% . That would mean states with a high population of Blacks would generally have a high percentage of BB players playing D1. And especially MD which has a strong history of excellent HS BB teams. How you compare this to what Goebbels said shows what a complete non critical thinker you are .

Or Einstein, does that mean a state like Idaho ( less than 1% Black) would have the same percentage of Div 1 BB players as Maryland?? Oops I mentioned Einstein!

stunad - you should do some research before espousing your racist views. Just because there is a large population of black people in a state doesn't mean they produce more D1 basketball players. According to NCAA, states with the highest numbers of D1 players on top 25 basketball teams are CA, TX, IN, IL, and NC. Of these, only NC is among the top 10 states in percentage of their population that is black. In addition, better than 50% of DC's population is black. By your stunad-logic, 10% of D1 players should be from DC. I really wish some folks would evolve a little faster.

Besides seeing race around every corner, I see your reading comprehension and Math skills are lacking too. Where did you go to school, Whatsamatta U ??

Md has 1.7 million AA. Only 7 states have more AA. DC has less than 300K . Not sure what logic you are using , but by my logic that would be less than 1% from DC. Now who were you calling a name? LOL. And a big factor to go along with that as stated before, MD has a strong history of talented BB teams .

Here is another bit of logic for you , The states CA,TX,IL,NC all have the top 5 populations of AA in this country. So stunad they would have the most players in DI?? What is so hard to understand?? IL is the only outlier? And why is that? Due to a strong history of talented BB teams and a state that is BB crazy.

Sorry it offends you to state the obvious and say the word AA or Black without being apologetic.

So 4 states comprise the top 5. Hmm solid math there stunad. Additionally, your original [ChillLaxin] was based on a percentage of the population. Shifting to absolute numbers as you did in your last post, alters the underpinnings of your faulty [ChillLaxin]. Typical uneducated stale white guy.