Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

You’re not wrong. However, the practice of flying in ringers who don’t practice with the team sends a horrible message. You think McClernan or Millon don’t ride kids who miss a practice during the week only to welcome their out of state studs who just show up on game day? I don’t blame the kids or families flying in for middle school lacrosse games, as crazy as I find that, but I do think it is terribly hypocritical to demand the local kids attend every practice, clinic, box training etc. and reward them with the privilege of backing up the stud from CA or TX. I think it says a lot about the brand that the proprietors can’t attract enough local talent to compete with the other clubs. It says even more about the ownership when their are different standards for kids in the programs.

Well said.

Yes , well said. However, every parent and player on these teams have agreed and chose to play for that particular coach,team and club. Agreed to pay the dues which for most clubs is at least 2,000 now or more. They agree to training, practices, indoor and all the other gear and swag that comes along with it. They also can choose to leave at anytime(but don't) Instead most are just complaining about their decision to accept all of this when it doesn't seem fair at some point for their kid. OR even worse holding a kid back a year so they can know what it is like to be in those shoes of whom they felt cheated the year before. Agree to do it all over for an extra year.(crazy) CHOICES CHOICES CHOICES--
I certainly do not like any of it but I choose to except it and agree to it every year so my kid who loves this sport can play at the level he is capable of playing. What ever level that might be.