I don't understand why it matters so much being on the "best team". The top 10 Teams(18-22 players) in the country are 1-3 players away from shifting 5 spots on the competitive totem pole. Played in many games in my career and got smoked, or crushed another team for no great reason. Good days/Bad days. Won games that should have been lost and lost games that should have been won. The whole bragging rights argument at 2022 is kind of insane. If you are not winning, you should be learning. What is the coaching like? Does your son love his teammates? Is your kid having fun and being inspired to be a great player in the future? If you have great coaching and your son is a better player at the end of the season than they were at the beginning, and cant wait to get back on the field and play again, the whole status thing is kind of just for the parents. I'm seeing so many kids these days willing to jump on a team and ride the pine, just so the player and parents can say they play for Team "XXX" and wear a T-shirt around? I would rather see my kid play a lot, preferably through some adversity and challenge the team and players to become better. That is player/team development, not just a contest of who can recruit the top talent from a 200 mile radius and win games. That's just a popularity contest and if you want to see how that works out, just go compare some current pictures to the yearbook pictures of the girls you thought were smokin hot back in High School!