Originally Posted by Anonymous
Api is weak this year they don’t have a good elite Fogo he went to the hawks.They will not be able to control the ball without winning the face off. Crabs crushed them .

This is simply not true. My son played his first game as a member of API and from what I saw, the "scrimmage" was fairly competitive. Score was 2-2 after one quarter, and 4-2 at halftime. Final score was 9-4 (which included one goal at the final whistle for the benefit of Crabs). API had three injured players that did not participate -- including one which would take a good number of faceoffs, and faceoffs were conducted by committee. Despite that, Crabs did not have any significant advantages at the faceoff "x". What I found interesting is that Crabs played a significant amount of time in a zone defense -- a little more than a quarter -- and API, despite the reputation we had heard prior to joining, played no zone defense at all. Both Crabs goalies made several tremendous saves.

All teams, save and excepting a handful, are at the front end of their training and development for the year, and API is no exception. Yes, API lost the scrimmage, but played well, and might have scored a couple of more had the "pipes" been kind, or been prepared to face a zone defense. I agree, that the 2023 kid playing up is talented, but like any player, can be defensed if given the time to prepare. Great afternoon, and I am very happy that coaches from Crabs and API arranged the scrimmage and the opportunity to get in some high level work.