Originally Posted by Anonymous
Crabs added another Cali and another Texas kid? Must be great for the kids that have been on the team that he keeps bringing in these kids from out of state.

Blame the parents that all agree to it

Agree to what? It’s not like RM asked us if we were approved if he continued to recruit new players from out of state after taking our money to accept a spot on the team after tryouts.

I don’t see other teams adding to their roster since tryouts and even worse since the fall tournaments.

If you really didn't know that RM operates like that before signing up than that is your fault. He is known to do favors and bring in kids at anytime. Just last summer at the very end in his own Young Guns tournament he brought in players to try and win it .He doesn't have to ask for your approval he is the boss. MM is the same way for all his tournaments last summer his roster was different. Which is a big reason part of team left this year. They all had choices to make.

A lot of naive parents out there....Don't buy the hype, go for quality instruction (coaches), great team chemistry and quality lacrosse. Every club/team has its politics, you can never avoid it. Some programs have a brand with a lot of hype but fail to deliver consistently at every age group. Some have abusive (and I don't mean tough) coaches that have no business coaching youth at any level. Paying a coach like that to coach your kids is masochistic. Watch a couple of practices with the coach you're interviewing and see if it fits your family. Caveat Emptor is the phrase of the day.

This is where Evergreen shines. We tried this club 2 years ago. A new club dedicated to training and the development of players. Cash is still king where you can buy a spot on the Elite teams without a single tryout. Elite players (some of them) have a hard time catching and passing but Daddy paid extra so the player is Elite. Evergreen is a development club keep this in mind. Great fields a lot of top notch training during the week. Players do seem to have fun. Heads up the Director RR won't respond to emails without $$$ in the subject line or if you are a new cash cow errrr player. Players enjoy the coaches, and some coaches without fail will show up to games as a perfect example of 5th year college students - tired and smelling of booze wearing the same shirt as the night before. Not all coaches though. Poor communication, misleading communication, and politics drive most away over to VEL, BattleLax, and other bottom feeders in the NVA. If your son can make the Evergreen team and shine move him to another club to get better. 1st or 2nd year player learning to run and cradle at the same time Evergreen is for you.

Evergreen needs to keep developing. I have been from Florida to Canada with my sons teams over the last 3 years and have never seen Evergreen play or even heard of them until this forum. If Bigfoot is an Elite lacrosse player, he must be wearing an Evergreen Jersey.