Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just to put this in perspective.....would you think it's fair for a child in say 6th grade to wrestle some other kid 1 1\2 to 2 years older but through puberty already? They're in the same weight class. And with being a hold back now they're in the same grade. I'm pretty sure the answer is no. But this is exactly what is going on in youth lacrosse. And I know this is an 8th grade forum, it's just used as an example.

Apparently you don’t have a son that wrestles at an “elite” level. Go to McDonogh Duals sometime. I’m sorry to say the same thing is happening in wrestling. Soccer might be the only one with player cards with birthdates.

Your perspective means crap - please stop posting on this forum about something you think might be relevant. Have you ever been to a wrestling tournament? Also, there is an entire forum for those that want to voice their prospective about holdbacks and all that is wrong with youth lacrosse.
This forum is for those who actually like and enjoy watching their kids play against anyone that is in front of them. Win or lose. The day that holdback parents and the parents that cry foul after agreeing to pay and play with holdbacks learn that WINNING is just part of the game. Better start teaching your kids how to lose. Lacrosse teaches much more. It is a real shame that the parents can't let go for just a second to let their kid learn how to win and lose.