Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]

Actually to prove my point, some clubs aren't practicing at all yet. Because as I said, they don't put as much emphasis on HOCO. As much as some of these clubs practice year round they should have every one of those kids commit to high end D1 programs right? Either that or half of them will burn out and not even play in college. Interesting social experiment. My son plays other sports in the winter. Works with a trainer to prepare his body for lacrosse season over the winter. Not sure what the need to play and practice all winter is. Practice starts early next month. He'll be ready to go. Team will be ready for HoCo but it certainly isn't the end all be all of their year.

Its okay, your son is not DI material anyway.

I got news for you. Yours probably isn't either. The percentage of kids that will play D1, even in the elite division of HOCO in 8th grade, is very small.

I think we had this talk about the Elite level players in HOCO and how many play D1. I can not find the number everyone settled on but I think we can at least say its 3 or 4 times higher then the US avg. of kids going D1.
If you have 8 teams in elite and on avg 5 of the 20 kids from that team go D1 someone good at math give us this number?

That's 25%. But point is, 5 of 20 kids is going to make on average 15 of those dads very upset.

That number is way too high.