No it means parents are smart doing preK to let their children excel in academics instead of struggle. I did not choose my kids birthday but if he did not do prek then kids who turn 5 in mid septor october would then enter K the following year by stat law. So they are "with in the guide lines but now all the kids in his class our 7-8 months older.

Times are changing most parents want their children to have acedemic success thus prek is needed for most of these kids or to make sure if you havean early summer birthday you are not at disadvantage. People dont do it for sports at that age and that is what you are mostly dealing with. What you choose to do is your business but my child being 5 months older than your kid is hardly an advantage.

Double hold backs are far and few between and if they do it in 8th grade/repeat well again that is their chhoice but somrthing i would not do.

You speculate because again you have no clue the afge of most of these 22 man rosters in Elite division so why complain. I bet it is more than norm than when you were a kid. Parents are seeing the academic benefit.