Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Every team in the Elite division has holdbacks. If you are going to callout teams you might want to call them all out . Right or wrong the playing field is fair . Every team has them. Every team choose to play in the Elite division and every parent agrees to let their kid play on these teams. Right or wrong its the nature of the beast.

Amazing world where a select group of children are allowed to dominate a sport.

Just like Youth sports was meant to be played, dont you think?

My 8th grade son has played football since he was in kindergarten, wrestles and plays lacrosse for rec and club. I don't remember a year in ANY sport where he didn't play against kids that were potentially a year older than him? In football they are called "OBLs". In wrestling as a 6th grader he faced kids with chest hair that were just super light. In rec lacrosse they typically had 2 years combined at several levels. I just don't see the big deal about a 1 year older hold-back, considering that next year as a freshman in High School, he might be on the same team with Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors? However, if your kid is one of the top players in his position as a 7th grader and now he gets bumped down a few notches because new, older players enter his age group, it does kind of put a damper on your parental bragging rights. I will just tell my 8th grader to go figure out how to kick the 9th graders [ChillLaxin], but that's just me.