Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you are in Baltimore and your kid plays for FCA or is going to Calvert Hall or BL he might have a shot. Take a look at the previous years’ rosters and you will easily figure out how things roll with Corrigan. Hacking said that - every D1 coach will be there for the tryout - so might be worth it if he can make it to the callback game.

Agreed, and like the previous poster said - unless you are a coaches kid or club directors kid you will have long shot. Half the 2022 top teams in MD are run by dads and every Try out for any ALL Star type team has always been unfair. These dad/coaches have their favorites and thats that. Add the fact that Corrigan is a huge BL ,Calvert , Pauls, Mcdonogh guy the odds are stacked against you - 2021's playing in this game should be 2020 so any true 2022 that is not in the favoritism has a long shot.
This should be a fair and level playing field for this try out but unfortunately it will not be.

And this isnt only a Baltimore thing about making the team on who you know in the UA tryouts. Many other Regions are just like this. A parent from the South UA team said the team was loaded with kids that the coaches knew from school , club or other coaches players they knew. I help your school/club player out and I expect you to help my school/club player out rule.

If you think the tryout fee is worth playing in a few games, go for it. But unless you have some in with the coaches , your chances of making the team are slim to none short of being some superstar outlier.