Originally Posted by Anonymous
Warrior, Under Armour, Nike , Brine, STX 3D, NLF-
Invites, camps, showcases
what is the best this year for 2022?

They are all $$$$ grabs. No college coaches care about 2022s with the new rules. None.

Agreed. Save your money for the summer of 2019....

I agree, you parents of this age group have the advantage of this new rule. The only way these events listed above are good for your son is if you are 100% sure he will be the best player at this event and he really impresses the coaches so much they keep his name in a data base for 2 years. I would take that money and pay a private trainer to work on his weaknesses and have him ready to kick A$$ that sept 1st of 2019.

I agree with most of this as showcase performance for college is still a few years away with the new rules. I hope the organizers of these events realize the need to change the format to allow for teaching and mentoring VS the privilege and honor of paying $700 for $100 worth of gear and a few social media posts. I do think camps have a place as well but IMHO choose a good location and one that friends are attending. I am not a fan of private instruction. This is a game meant to be played with friends and challenge yourself v. peers. Small group clinics work best even for FO and Goalie and some of the best in the world offer these.

I would like to argue your point of one on one with a trainer for a Middie, attack and Long pole is not a good thing. I think all these boys get tons and tons of 10 V 10 or 7 V 7 reps in a 12 month window. Not very many coaches are going to stop an attackman and talk to him about hand placement during a larger group then 2 or 3. In a one on one setting the coach can talk to your son about if he should be a power dodger or stick to the question mark dodge. If you look at lacrosse like Basketball you can think of two guards one is shooting 45% from 3 and the other has no left hand. Now think about how a hour lesson in a large group compared to one on one with each player wold be set up. My point is the lessons would be geared to each kid in a one on one setting. This is a skill game the more skills you have in your [ChillLaxin] box the lesser a athlete you can be. If you are 6 foot 4 and run a 4.0 flat you will really never need a left hand or 3 to 4 counter moves. But if you are not this big and fast you will need to have all skills mastered.