Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's till happening a lot. And I don't understand why -- especially with the new recruiting rules. Frankly, I find it embarrassing. My kid's a private school kid, and we're not going to do it. I think it's cheating. Just my two cents. What I really don't get is that schools give financial aid to these kids to repeat a grade for sports. I don't understand how any board of any private school is allowing that to happen. If a kid has educational challenges, that is one thing. But reclassing for sports on the school's dime is a waste of resources. Work hard. Get better. Wait your turn.

All these schools have rules about integrity and honor. Well what about it? There is an inherent hypocrisy in letting this happen. I'm not bitter. My kid doesn't "stink" or anything like that -- which I'm sure people will get on here and say -- he can't hang with the big boys. I'm just disappointed that parents -- and schools -- allow kids to take the easy way out, to play down.

Agree with most, but don't think for a second that a private schools success in sports doesn't translate into higher enrollment and Alumni participation. If you took sports away from those schools, how would it change the student landscape and enrollment?