Originally Posted by watchthemplay
Don't see many or any other people coming on here to support your side. You have allowed this to consume you.
You ask, " why do you think your child should get special privilege"
" why is your kid special" " it does not give you special rights". These are all your quotes. I never asked for special privilege. Majority parents did pre k for academic, not knowing what would take place on whatever sport their kid might play in the years to come or what does would be in place in 10 years. I have never complained about age in rec when I thought it was odd that every other year he played against his 8- 15 months older because plenty did pre k. I just going by the league and the rules. Now you could make an argument if they repeat 7th or 8th grade to gain advantage. That is parents choice so maybe high school should say you lose eligibility if you are 19 in senior year which some do.

Like Majority of adults understand, kids develope physically and mentally at different ages. Kids 7months older but not through puberty, kids 7 months younger but have the mental toughness already are spread throughout this sport. You sound like my son did when he was just 7 and started playing and thought he could not compete because that kid is 8 months older and a grade ahead. I sat him down and explained how life works, I kept saying it's only a number and it's how you train and what's in your heart.

Keep making excuses and assuming all the kids are 15 months older,
Like I and others have said you have choices. You can find appropriate skill level for your kid but you would rather come on here and complain. Ok I have given you enough voice, I am guilty of letting you survive on here. I send others should not respond and you , I will say it again, should go talk to governing bodies and sign up to try to make a difference if you feel so passionate.

Looking forward to this week's battles in 2022 Elite division. Hope to see some upsets.

You must be a politician . You make up a constant stream of garbage when a simple question was put to you. Is it right that your child get special rights to play down while others dont in Youth sports. Common sense tells you all kids should get the same opportunity as your child. Yet you once again go off on..my son did 2 year rec and I didnt complain, He did prefirst, etc .. Just answer a simple question...Do you think it is right that your child gets an advantage others dont in youth sports and is that in the spirit of youth sports. You wont answer this simple Yes or No answer due to knowing the answer .."" of course my child shouldnt get an advantage in youth sports others dont.""

Now you are justifying it by how you train and whats in their heart! LOL.. That one I havent heard before.

Excuses?? Who said that..Only You . Frankly the biggest excuse maker on here is you. You make up excuse after excuse for a system that is wrong at the youth level.

I did let the Howard County Recreation Department HOCO know how wrong grade base is in youth sports,told him the governing body of youth lacrosse USL recommends grade base at youth, But unfortunately the person running it at that time had a vested interest in a private school holdback child. Wonder why HOCO went youth grade base lacrosse when every other youth sport run by Howard County is based on age. Keep making up excuses and telling me how consumed I am , etc. Like I told you before. You might not want to quit your day job and go into the fortune telling business.