Originally Posted by watchthemplay
No it means parents are smart doing preK to let their children excel in academics instead of struggle. I did not choose my kids birthday but if he did not do prek then kids who turn 5 in mid septor october would then enter K the following year by stat law. So they are "with in the guide lines but now all the kids in his class our 7-8 months older.

Times are changing most parents want their children to have acedemic success thus prek is needed for most of these kids or to make sure if you havean early summer birthday you are not at disadvantage. People dont do it for sports at that age and that is what you are mostly dealing with. What you choose to do is your business but my child being 5 months older than your kid is hardly an advantage.

Double hold backs are far and few between and if they do it in 8th grade/repeat well again that is their chhoice but somrthing i would not do.

You speculate because again you have no clue the afge of most of these 22 man rosters in Elite division so why complain. I bet it is more than norm than when you were a kid. Parents are seeing the academic benefit.

Once again....What you do with your child is your business. Especially when it relates to his education. ....Now Once again, holding your child back in school has nothing to do with YOUTH lacrosse. So keep mentioning how smart you are to do a prefirst in school is irrelevant to playing down or getting a special advantage in Youth lacrosse others dont get. Not sure why you think your educational School choices should effect youth lacrosse at large ?

Your child is not 5 months older than some players. He is only 5 months older than the oldest on age players. He is anywhere between 3 months to 15 months older than on age players. And will always be among the oldest no matter what. I still dont understand how you think your child should get a special privilege to be older while others dont ?? Why are you and your child special?? Because you held him back?? Makes no sense in Youth sports.

A better solution than letting select players play down now would be to just put the age restrictions to ALL PLAYERS May 1 or June 1 or something like that date and forget grades. This would accommodate the majority of prefirsts/holdbacks. Then let everyone no matter what grade to decide if they want to play at that age or play the next year up. It would do away with letting select players like your child get an advantage others dont get at youth lacrosse. Or do you think that would be unfair to the vast majority of players born on age Sept 1- Aug31 ??