Originally Posted by watchthemplay
Let's go back 50 years??? Unfortunately it's all about money and obviously everyone is buying in including you. If you don't like it you can stay in rec or join a club team in a lesser division.

You know what you get with Club lacrosse , start your own out start a petition if you feel so strongly but coming on here and vilifying parents is doing nothing for you or your children.

You seem to not understand anything that is being put in front of you. " Lets go back 50 years " who said that? Only you. Lacrosse has been age based for that last 50 years prior to JUST a few years ago when the need arose by ER and the clubs expansion. That along with HOCO being run by a MIAA parent who had vested interest in making lacrosse grade based. Even tho all other HoCO leagues were and still are aged based. You ever wonder why only the Howard County Lacrosse League is grade based and all other youth sports leagues are age based in Howard County Rec Dep ?? Probably not. Howard County Recreation Department should get the award for ruining youth lacrosse in Maryland.

Who is vilifying any parent?? Another straw man by you. I think the youth system is wrong and will continue to voice my opinion and continue to write to any agency that has an impact on youth lacrosse.

The largest sport in the world soccer had so many issues with grade base years ago that it went entirely to a simple age base system for all members. Youth Baseball at the High level is Age based. Youth Football is age based. Youth BB AAU is age based at youth mainly now. They have a grade based at youth which has so much acrimony that it is being phased out in the next few years at youth level. Many U14 and under youth tournaments are only aged based now.

But keep telling me how Youth Lacrosse is special and we need grade based teams. Or that I can go play Rec. I care about the sport and you seem to care about you.