Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just to put this in perspective.....would you think it's fair for a child in say 6th grade to wrestle some other kid 1 1\2 to 2 years older but through puberty already? They're in the same weight class. And with being a hold back now they're in the same grade. I'm pretty sure the answer is no. But this is exactly what is going on in youth lacrosse. And I know this is an 8th grade forum, it's just used as an example.

kids do wrestle kids that are 2 or 3 years older, happens all of the time. before the advent of the club spring leagues the rec leagues in our area were broken into 2 year windows, clinic, peewee, midg and juniors....somehow the boys survived having to play against kids a year older

Spot on

Spot OFF... Every other year you were with the older group. Not every year you play holdbacks get the advantage of being oldest . Come up with a better excuse. And wrestling?? You are within 10 lbs of whatever age the other wrestler is. Another lame holdback apologist excuse

wow, I knew you were serious with your comment because you capitalized the word off, I'm sorry you are smarter than the rest of of us that have on age kids and just tell our children to have fun and do the best they can and of course you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. I do remember my 9 year old son having to wrestle 11 and 12 year old kids because of his size, but I guess I am wrong.