Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am curious to know from the dads on here who know way more about the process than I do, how many of the kids in the elite division would you expect to get D1 interest? The NCAA website says less than 3% of HS players will play D1, but I believe that number is higher for kids in the elite division, but not sure how high. Is a 10% guestimate too high? A lot can change in the next few years, but it just got me thinking about what a long shot it is. Even at 10%, that's only about 20-30 kids from this league and that seems high to me.

Approx. 30 already committed from 2020 class that played in HOCO league. Still two years to go.

It is easier to look at the club's website as they list commits by class. Many have 10-12 per class. Also the top 10% of D3 is more competitive in Lacrosse than the bottom 10% of D1.

Maryland residents focus on sports much more than the rest of the country, so percentage wise, more Maryland kids play D1 than other states. For example, most states list that fewer than 1% of kids go on to play D1 basketball, but in MD, the percentage is over 5%.

MD has a long history of strong BB players and Teams from Balt City and DC suburbs. That along with 30% Black population in State helps that D1 stat in MD.

The actor playing Joseph Goebbels in The Inglorious Bastards made a similar statement when referring to U.S. success at the Olympics. Looks like you're keeping good company these days.