Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Everyone new API should of drop down to AA. They just lost to many good players and didn’t replace them with equal or better players it’s shows . This is not as good as last years team

Not an API parent, but why wouldn't a team wish to play against the very best competition that they can schedule? Kids/coaches learn a lot even if they don't win many games. First two games this team played in HOCO was against DC Express and Hawks -- the focus of Mr. Holdback on this site. I think it is great to prepare for and play against these types of teams and will allow the team members to prepare themselves for a time when they compete against each other in high school, and where the "talent" will be more evenly dispersed among the regional schools. HOCO won't matter any more, except in the minds of parents living vicariously through their kids and middle school team memories.

Why would the very best teams want to play a team that is not of the same caliber? It does nothing for any of these elite teams to beat up on API. The only thing that does is give guys on this forum the ability to put 18-6 or 12-2 on these posts. I mean... in 2 games the Hawks have beaten API by a combined score of 30-8 - I don't see how that is good for anyone.