Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Not all of us parents are helicopter parents and are worried about our snowflake kids, yelling at a child and being verbally abusive are 2 very different things though!! I am fine with coaches yelling and holding my son accountable for his actions/playing, but calling kids f*cking idiots, pussies. telling them they suck and should just quit, calling them a loser, fat and slow, and having other teammates do these things is bullying and abusive behaviors.

OP here and I absolutely agree with you, but the fact is...I've never heard a rec or travel Coach at the youth, middle school or even high school level call a player a [lacrosse], or loser. I've never heard a coach tell a kid to quit or that they are fat and slow. I've seen plenty of parents on here post about the "lunatic coaches", but again I've never actually seen the coaches they routinely name do or say anything outrageous as claimed. The people making all the noise about lunatic coaches are parents who think that their little snowflake is a celebrity because Daddy is the CEO of Nabisco and should have special treatment. The crazy part is that in the end...it's the kid that they are hurting the most with their alt left, Dr. Spock non sense.

Eventually, they will be exposed to the real world. Learning those hard life lesson's for the first time in your 20's and beyond sucks.
[/quote]

Then you are very fortunate and you have never watched MM coach. He says all of that and worse. It is horrible for the kids, parents and the sport![/quote]

AMEN! Watched MM throwing his whiteboard like a frisbee at NLF, yelling F@#$ 10 times under his breath so loud you could hear it 30 yards away! Looked so angry he was literally spitting while yelling it, like he was going to kill one of his kids for losing a damn lacrosse game. I have seen 5 year olds with more composure during their temper tantrums. Hopefully he chills out this season since he has lost players and coaches over it.[/quote]

Wow..MM is getting quite the reputation ! You would think that someone who makes a living off youth and HS lacrosse players would be a better role model for these same lacrosse players.