Originally Posted by Anonymous
Serious question. What other teams in WSYL played naptown. Don’t think that was smart move for hawks. Also funny how people get so excited to put these all star teams and national teams together to beat reg club teams. I get it nobody likes the hawks but if your putting together a hand picked team of best kids in area you should win. Not to take anything from black ops.

Hand picked team is exactly what the Hawks have. They have this process called tryouts where the hand pick the best talent. Another process is called recruiting. Its where the Coach calls the players/ Parents and convinces them that the team they are on is not the right one and that they should come to their team. Its really a cool process. Then you have the best kids from that area and in turn you weaken all surrounding teams.

This makes zero sense. You know how many kids tryout for that hawks team every year? Nobody makes them. All the best kids from Maryland are not on the hawks team. Last I checked crabs are pretty good at 26. But doesn’t matter we all know most people don’t like the hawks.
Thanks Crabs dad. No comparison when it was your 25s who had to move down to help you get pretty good. Keep it real. You were average before them.

Nice try buddy. Not a crabs dad and my son isn’t a hawk or 26 I just know the hawks 26 team and a lot of there kids. Still don’t understand why people detest them so much.

2 reasons - their coach and their parents. Just go back through this forum for examples of their parents. There a lot of successful teams that people don't detest. It is their loud mouthed braggadocio and belittling of all kids who don't make or support their team that invites derision. There may be some nice parents, but there are enough fools to make it their brand. Their coach is just emblematic of a reason to leave youth sports.

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: Harsh words not permitted