Originally Posted by Anonymous
The original poster is definitely not on another planet. I witnessed some of these entitled, high maintenance parents on the field with their kids. Let the coaches do their jobs and encourage your kids to advocate for themselves.

You want kids to advocate for themselves as freshman in high school. I hear this all the time from educators and coaches and it's a joke. They don't want parents to speak up on behalf of the their kids because it's easier for a coach to match wits with a kid than an adult where they have to look a parent in the eye and explain themselves. They want to hide behind some weird shield of expertise against an outmatched critic. And rest assured, your kid wil be punished if they speak up by themselves or the parent speaks up on behalf of their child. I have yet to see if years of parenting and coaching any situation where a child or parent speaks up in a bad situation and things get better. The coach and teacher take it personally and they take it out on the student and player. I'm talking about real constructive crtiicism ad not things related to something far more serious or sinister.

Your only option is to leave the coach and that's what these ML players did. Maybe NL will be better or maybe not and maybe NL should have said no thanks, but don't overly criticize those families for wanting something better instead of something bad. Given what is known about ML's org, I lean towards those parents actions as being the right move.