Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I guess you haven't heard of the dream teams being built by MadLax and VLC/DCE/NL.

NY teams have won every year. They do it by building specific All-star WS teams. No club can win straight up without augmenting.

Saw the Madlax Monuments. With it being local, I think more teams than there should be will be trying to qualify limiting the free agent options.[/quote]

I'm not sure Monuments and BlackOps would be consider augmented but, rather, outright formation of a new club/team specifically meant to play in national tournaments as stated on their sites. I actually think it will be the opposite for area teams trying to qualify except for the Hawks and maybe one or 2 others. They won't bother trying to compete against these types of teams.[/quote]

I agree that the all star format certainly has potential to rise to the top, but if you're on an elite team and they are planning on trying to qualify, then you aren't trying out for one of the all star teams. The qualifier is 128 days away with winter and covid restrictions between. My money would be on an Elite team that added a few players over an all star team.