Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congratulations to the 2028 Annapolis Hawks.

Great HOCO season!

28 Hawks won using 2027s. Not a single on age Hawks team won a HoCo Elite title this year in younger divisions. What happened?

This is so silly. The Hawks are noticeably smaller than the other top teams in that division. Just give them their due and move on.

Thanks Hawks dad, now go back to the Annapolis Yacht Club and sip some girly drinks. Funny how you deflect from the fact that the 28 Hawks also have holdbacks. I guess because they are your holdbacks and not big holdbacks it makes it ok. It's fine, Annapolis isn't known for manly men.

Hawks like many MD teams have single and double holdbacks. The rest of us are supposed to bury our heads in the sand and ignore this fact.

Yes. You’re supposed to pretend it’s ok. Just like the parents of those holdbacks pretend their child would look as good on a field with players their own age.

I love how you assume that a kid couldn't hold his own with his own "age". Guess its hard to say one way or the other since every team is doing it. Baseline a kid's performance on the field with no holdbacks and I bet some of those big bad holdbacks you like to complain about would still kick little Johnny's @ChillLaxin on an even playing field. Go ahead and continue to blame all the woes you've experienced on the holdbacks. Guess when little Johnny is playing fresh/soph next year I would love to hear what excuses you conjure up. We will all be waiting in anxious expectation (well, actually not because we will have moved on).
On a positive note, it was a great season and "any given Sunday" played out on the youth lacrosse stage.