Home
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for the Boys from the class of 2028
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 07/12/20 02:07 AM
Anyone know what happened in Hershey with Madlax and Hawks?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 07/12/20 10:00 AM
They play today
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 07/12/20 03:56 PM
MadLax beat Hawks 5-4. Both teams 4-0 going into the game.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 07/12/20 03:57 PM
Actually 6-4 Madlax
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 07/17/20 02:41 PM
Crabs beat Cutters 5-4. Crazy to think of that a year ago, crabs must have improved big time.
Will be interesting to see if this cutters bunch stays together with the True change, 29s playing with 28s etc.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/06/20 02:39 PM
This division seems incredibly close with the following teams all winning some and losing some:
MadLax, USS, Hawks, Crabs, FCA

Any thoughts on where they head moving forward?
Madlax - (?) No first hand knowledge
USS - (down?) Seems like the move to True isn't going smoothly
Crabs - (up?) New coach next year? 35+/- at tryouts but no new standouts.
FCA - (?) No first hand knowledge
Hawks - (up?) Apparently 10+ other A team players going to tryouts. No idea how good they are.
Hoco - (?)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/07/20 03:01 PM
2028 is a fun age group and a shame that HoCo didn’t happen in the spring. Madlax is at the top and Next level is a very good team at this group but has not played a lot this summer. BLC is decent as well. HoCo pink and Green hornets both played the highest level of HoCo and had success there and in tournaments. The landscape is crowded with improved Crabs team and a Hawks team that also has picked up players. Transitions for True for USS and Mesa for GH appear to not be going well. Are HoCo pink, USS and GH kids leaving those programs?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/09/20 03:42 AM
I only know about true and Mesa but yes there are a bunch known to be trying out for the Hawks. I believe 2 (definitely at least 1) hoco player joined crabs but I don’t know if any others are moving.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/10/20 02:45 PM
If Mesa and Green Hornets are sep orgs why do they have tryouts at the same place and time? If Mesa is having GH pay and reserve fields for them that should be reported to Anne arundel county. We don't need to subsidize for-profit corps acting like rec programs!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/10/20 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If Mesa and Green Hornets are sep orgs why do they have tryouts at the same place and time? If Mesa is having GH pay and reserve fields for them that should be reported to Anne arundel county. We don't need to subsidize for-profit corps acting like rec programs!
How many forums are you going to post this on until you get an answer? No one cares as much as you do as long as the kids get to play! Get over it!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/10/20 04:14 PM
How many forums are you going to post this on until you get an answer? No one cares as much as you do as long as the kids get to play! Get over it!

Those fields are and resources are set aside for rec non-profit organizations first. That's not just using Severna Park resources, that's taking money from all the county tax payers. If that's what's happening that needs to stop immediately.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/11/20 03:27 PM

Those fields are and resources are set aside for rec non-profit organizations first. That's not just using Severna Park resources, that's taking money from all the county tax payers. If that's what's happening that needs to stop immediately.

Who are you to know the details of what arrangements any club has with a county unless you work for either. You want to know if they are, call the county! Better yet, make a fool of yourself and call your club director and ask your questions just like you do on here. Don’t go onto multiple Anonymous lacrosse forums and moan about it. Do you even have a kid who plays? Or are you just looking to complain about something because the pandemic has you going coo-coo. I can not say I have ever met anyone who cares how/why a club gets permission to use whatever field for whatever reason.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/11/20 07:24 PM

He sounds salty about the merger/acquisition. Have your kid tryout for a team other than Mesa/Green Hornets.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/11/20 08:20 PM
I have no dog in this hunt, but I do know from experience that travel teams using rec field space can be a touchy subject. Field space for travel teams is in-demand and expensive; teams compete for quality space just like they do for good coaches and players. Rec teams are non-profits and work under a different set of rules. If a for-profit travel team is partnering with a rec program to use county fields under the rec permits, that could end badly for one or both of them.
Having said that, it is interesting that these two people (pro and con) are so emotional and adamant about the issue.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/11/20 10:56 PM
FCA 2028 won Summer Exposure. Cutters 2028 went 4-0 to earn the #1 seed but lost in bracket play to HoCo Pink 2028. Hawks 2028 didn't win a game (must have been missing some kids?). But it was a competitive, wide open tournament.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/12/20 11:48 AM
I have no dog in this hunt, but I do know from experience that travel teams using rec field space can be a touchy subject. Field space for travel teams is in-demand and expensive; teams compete for quality space just like they do for good coaches and players. Rec teams are non-profits and work under a different set of rules. If a for-profit travel team is partnering with a rec program to use county fields under the rec permits, that could end badly for one or both of them.
Having said that, it is interesting that these two people (pro and con) are so emotional and adamant about the issue.
I don’t think the responder was emotional and adamant, more annoyed and poking fun, but maybe i read it differently, darn anonymous forum on the internet!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/13/20 05:04 PM
FCA 2028 won Summer Exposure. Cutters 2028 went 4-0 to earn the #1 seed but lost in bracket play to HoCo Pink 2028. Hawks 2028 didn't win a game (must have been missing some kids?). But it was a competitive, wide open tournament.
Hawks were missing 3 middies. They were up in most games but just ran out of gas as the games wore on. I think all their games were within 1 or 2. The division was very competitive. Crabs, FCA, Cutters, Hawks, Cavaliers and Hoco were all very comparable. Cutters went 4-0 but lost to crabs 2x the week before, Hawks beat FCA by 4 or 5 a week ago. These teams will make a fun division next year. As much as I would like to see my kid on a team that is head and shoulders above everyone else it doesn't make for interesting games and competition.

I can't imagine Hoco stays with the others, I see a lot of Hoco helmets on Crabs, FCA etc. Highly doubt (just from history) any kids are jumping the other way. Madlax is also in that group but they didn't play that last tourney.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/23/20 01:56 AM
So after all the hype there's no Mesa 28 team which was one of Severna Park's strongest select teams? Literally drove most of the strong players and coaches to Hawks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/23/20 01:32 PM
Why’d they leave?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/23/20 03:31 PM
Why’d they leave?

Because the 28 Hawks are going to be really good this year. Added some Anne Arundel talent and some kids dropped down from that incredible 27 team (because they were already 28s playing up not holdbacks). Being good at this young age is not about bragging rights at all - it is about raising the level of practices and game play which impacts every player. They all get better.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/23/20 03:42 PM
Wow. How many kids are they carrying?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/24/20 02:53 AM
I believe there will be two teams for hawks 28.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/24/20 01:06 PM
So after all the hype there's no Mesa 28 team which was one of Severna Park's strongest select teams? Literally drove most of the strong players and coaches to Hawks.

I believe one of the GH coaches is coaching the Hawks Black team. I don't have any inside knowledge and we all know how offers for 2nd teams work, but you could make a very good 2nd team from the players at tryouts depending on who accepts. The first team will be very tough to beat. They were already very competitive and got a lot better assuming everyone accepts offers.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/24/20 01:10 PM
Anyone know how USS/True tryouts went and what they are going to do with respect to A/B team shore/Annapolis? Their website has something about deciding which team would be their A and which would be there B after tryouts.

There's going to be some interesting juggling because I assume most of the best players are from the shore/USS at 28 but long term there are just more kids in Annapolis/Anne Arundel to build the team with.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/30/20 01:38 PM
Did Cutters dissolve and move to True? That's too bad, they were a good team.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/30/20 07:00 PM
Based on the fall HoCo and summer looks like Next Level and Madlax will be the top teams for now in this age group. With then FCA next and perhaps a reloaded Hawks team somewhere in there? Then Crabs and HoCo and maybe some others below that? Any teams missing from this?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/30/20 07:18 PM

it's possible that green hornets are outsourcing some coaching, skills training etc to Mesa. Mesa probably gets paid by the community lacrosse program, they use county fields, so less expensive overall but they get to put a club affiliation out there for marketing
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/30/20 08:24 PM
True/USS should be good and then a pretty big drop off. Not sure about BLC for elite with recent struggles but they probably stay and Kelly Post might as well. Severna Park imploded with the Mesa debacle so their talent scattered. After that it is a guess with cannons, HLC and other teams that played a division down in spring 2019 which seems like a million years ago. What fall tournaments is everyone doing?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/30/20 09:02 PM

it's possible that green hornets are outsourcing some coaching, skills training etc to Mesa. Mesa probably gets paid by the community lacrosse program, they use county fields, so less expensive overall but they get to put a club affiliation out there for marketing
Great model until they get caught.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/01/20 01:17 PM
Next Level 2028 is scary good.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/01/20 02:00 PM
it helps to be 27s in a 28 bracket.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/01/20 02:23 PM
HoCo was good last spring, are they still around?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/01/20 02:25 PM
That's awesome NL dad. Good luck in fall tournaments with your scary good team.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/01/20 03:31 PM

Please see the 2022 or 2023 boards to get up to speed
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/01/20 05:06 PM

Please see the 2022 or 2023 boards to get up to speed
?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/01/20 09:38 PM
LOL! It's Fall lacrosse for 5th graders. We played Next Level and they are deep, but I wouldn't say dominant. When all the football kids return for Spring HOCO season, it will be a different story.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/02/20 01:18 AM

HOCO Pink 2028 is still around but most of the team moved over to FCA Blue. The team is probably not a AA team anymore, but will be a very competitive and solid A team.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/02/20 01:54 AM

HOCO Pink 2028 is still around but most of the team moved over to FCA Blue. The team is probably not a AA team anymore, but will be a very competitive and solid A team.

Interesting. Is there a Looneys 2028 team? Haven’t seen them around at any of the tournaments? And USS is now True, but some of those players went to Hawks?

How does Crabs stack up against FCA?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/02/20 12:22 PM
As of now FCA > Crabs. FCA has some offensive firepower.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/02/20 01:28 PM

Interesting. Is there a Looneys 2028 team? Haven’t seen them around at any of the tournaments? And USS is now True, but some of those players went to Hawks?

Looneys does not have a 2028 team. FCA Blue was already a stacked team and now they have added all those HOCO Pink kids. They are better than the Crabs.
Looks like the AA teams in HOCO next spring will be FCA Blue, Next Level, Mad Lax, Crabs, Hawks, and maybe a couple others that are not on the level of the teams mentioned.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/02/20 07:21 PM

Couple of 27 Hawks held back to 28 this year. Not sure which ones but that was a really good 27 team.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/03/20 11:20 PM
The 27 hawks that are on the 27 team were playing up. 3 very good players plus about 8 other new kids. Hawks now have an A and B team which I don’t think happens often for the Hawks. They aren’t playing a fall league so it will be interesting to see how good they are.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/11/20 11:42 PM
Great scheduling by the HOCO officials to have the 28 Championship game right before the 27 Championship. It allowed the new FCA 28 team and Coach to catch up with their old team. By the our 27’s team count there are at least 7 kids who moved down. 5th grade must be tough in Baltimore
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/12/20 02:11 AM
Great scheduling by the HOCO officials to have the 28 Championship game right before the 27 Championship. It allowed the new FCA 28 team and Coach to catch up with their old team. By the our 27’s team count there are at least 7 kids who moved down. 5th grade must be tough in Baltimore

It is called holding them back to catch up with all the other holdbacks, Its spreading to all parts of country, join in or play D2
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/12/20 02:50 PM

False. You must be a bitter Next Level parent. FCA Blue got better because of a large number of HOCO Pink kids joining the team, as well as the HOCO Pink coach taking over the team. Don’t be a hater.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/12/20 04:49 PM

I'm not sure I understand. Somehow this reads as if 7 FCA's from the 2027's were told to play in the 2028 championship game on the day of the game. Or the NL parent is saying they saw 7 2027's earlier in the season who switched to 2028 mid-season. Please explain.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/12/20 04:51 PM

False. You must be a bitter Next Level parent. FCA Blue got better because of a large number of HOCO Pink kids joining the team, as well as the HOCO Pink coach taking over the team. Don’t be a hater.

HoCo Pink 2027 or 2028?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/12/20 07:16 PM

HoCo Pink 2027 or 2028?

HOCO Pink 2028.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/12/20 10:47 PM

HoCo Pink 2027 or 2028?

HOCO Pink 2028.

Too late for NL. If they thought FCA was using non-rostered kids, they had an hour to protest. HoCo has upheld these protests before with the most recent one coming in the last spring season played when MadLax played almost an entire roster of 2025's in the 2026 division, got caught and had to forfeit.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/18/20 12:02 AM
FCA 2028 did not have any non-rostered players on that squad. Congrats to them on beating NL. I would not attribute the strength of the team to adding HoCo pink players. I heard those players are not that strong. I think the core group from the summer is very strong especially at attack and F/O.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/18/20 10:00 PM
Only one 29 USS(28) player went to Hawks and one 29 went to the 29s.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/18/20 10:58 PM
It’s all True Annapolis made up of shore boys with a few AA kids sprinkled in.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/19/20 01:35 PM
Can someone explain how Madlax Capital lost 15-1 to 91 MD (per Tourney Machine) yesterday at the Fall Maryland Tourney.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/19/20 03:31 PM
They didn't. Flip the score to get the correct results: Madlax 15 to 1 for 91 MD.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/19/20 04:10 PM
Interesting scores from yesterday. Crabs haven't made the jump the way that FCA has. For now the Elite teams remain FCA, Madlax and Next Level.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/19/20 04:42 PM
My kid's team played and beat Crabs yesterday, but it wasn't a blowout and Crabs didn't look overmatched. I think they're up there with the other top teams in 2028.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/19/20 04:49 PM
Figured as much. Still surprised Madlax lost to Next Level.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/19/20 05:20 PM
Interesting scores from yesterday. Crabs haven't made the jump the way that FCA has. For now the Elite teams remain FCA, Madlax and Next Level.
Crabs will make the jump summer before 7th grade when they tell their 27s it’s time to become 28s. It’s the Crabs way.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/19/20 07:27 PM
Having seen the top 2028 teams now except the Hawks and True, I agree it looks like it is going to be a fight for between FCA, Madlax, and Next Level in the top division. FCA is very strong at face off, has two very good attackman and the rest of the team is solid. Next Level is the most balanced across positions and the deepest, especially in the midfield. Madlax defense is strong and the attack is very good at demolishing weaker defenses. But offense has trouble dodging and getting their own shot against stronger defenses.

Crabs and then Cavs probably next strongest. Not sure where Hawks and True will fall in this group.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/19/20 08:39 PM
Crabs will make the jump summer before 7th grade when they tell their 27s it’s time to become 28s. It’s the Crabs way.
Sounds crazy but is 100% true. My son plans 2026 (current 7th grade) and last summer the Crabs were awful, but this year are nearly competing with the Hawks for the top spot. Parents on the sidelines have confirmed that most of the roster are 2025s who moved down.

Can somebody explain how a travel club can influence families to actually repeat a year in school?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/20/20 12:31 AM
Very good assessment of the fall teams. Hawks got better with a few reclasses as well a solid goalie. With a few s/p and south river kids joining the group. Definitely an improved group. True got stronger only losing the one little attackmen. Deeper at all positions from a year ago. Both teams should help round out a great division.

It's going to be a fun spring at the 2028 level !
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/20/20 01:33 AM
Sounds crazy but is 100% true. My son plans 2026 (current 7th grade) and last summer the Crabs were awful, but this year are nearly competing with the Hawks for the top spot. Parents on the sidelines have confirmed that most of the roster are 2025s who moved down.

Can somebody explain how a travel club can influence families to actually repeat a year in school?

All travel clubs want holdbacks as players get closer to 7-9th grade. It isnt like it is a secret.

It isnt the travel club convincing them...It is the parent convincing himself that his son cant compete on age. Which is true for many. It isnt a great thing, but to compete in MD, it is almost always better to hold your child back, sad but true.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/21/20 03:14 PM
Figured as much. Still surprised Madlax lost to Next Level.

Not surprising. Almost every game these two squads have played resulted in a one goal difference. That is except for this past weekend, NL won by 4.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/21/20 06:11 PM
I thought surprising as MadLax killed Mesa (14-0), but then Mesa had a really competitive game against NL, despite the 9-4 loss. Maybe some of the NL kids had to leave early, as it was the last game of the day.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/21/20 06:58 PM
I am a current 2026 crab parent. We do NOT have 7 holdbacks lol. The team got better because it added new players (yes they were 6th graders last yr), we have new coaching; yes we have a couple holdbacks but so do other teams. What you are saying is simply not true.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/21/20 07:54 PM
I thought surprising as MadLax killed Mesa (14-0), but then Mesa had a really competitive game against NL, despite the 9-4 loss. Maybe some of the NL kids had to leave early, as it was the last game of the day.

There is no insight to youth lacrosse games. Teams can be on for a game and off for the next.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/26/20 05:29 PM

There is no insight to youth lacrosse games. Teams can be on for a game and off for the next.

Probably just different personnel for different match ups.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/09/20 05:49 PM
Great fall season in the 2028 level in this region. FCA, Next Level, Madlax, Crabs, Hawks, and True all fielding strong teams. Probably Cavs and either Bethesda or Kelly Post rounding out the top division. Should be a very fun spring with this group.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/11/20 03:01 PM
Was NAL canceled for the 28's? It only shows 27's and above on Tourney Machine. Would have been a good chance to measure up vs the non MD and DC teams.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/11/20 07:00 PM
Was NAL canceled for the 28's? It only shows 27's and above on Tourney Machine. Would have been a good chance to measure up vs the non MD and DC teams.

It's been a cluster. Still waiting to hear for other years and not move locations for the 3rd time.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/16/20 03:51 PM
Out of curiosity what was the score of the Madlax and FCA scrimmage this weekend if anyone knows?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/16/20 07:56 PM
ML won.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/16/20 09:24 PM
I am a current 2026 crab parent. We do NOT have 7 holdbacks lol. The team got better because it added new players (yes they were 6th graders last yr), we have new coaching; yes we have a couple holdbacks but so do other teams. What you are saying is simply not true.
You are correct, you don’t have 7, you have 5 . They should change their jersey numbers.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/16/20 09:25 PM
7 if you include the two you had.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/16/20 09:52 PM
7 if you include the two you had.

Is a blue and yellow Dunce cap included in the equipment give out with Crabs!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/17/20 01:09 AM
Out of curiosity what was the score of the Madlax and FCA scrimmage this weekend if anyone knows?

FCA won the first half. MadLax fared better after FCA rotated everyone in.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/17/20 02:12 AM
Seriously? Madlax dominated possession for 80% of the game and the FCA goalie had no less than 20 saves. But believe what you want....work harder over the winter.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/17/20 11:03 AM
Seriously? Madlax dominated possession for 80% of the game and the FCA goalie had no less than 20 saves. But believe what you want....work harder over the winter.

So who won?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/17/20 01:09 PM
FCA emptied the bench in the 2nd half?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/18/20 02:25 AM

So who won?

I wasn't there. Don't know who won. But from Madlax dad's comment, sounds like that team needs to focus on shooting skills. Or maybe the FCA goalie is just a prodigy who averages 40 saves per game?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/18/20 02:35 AM
Who do you think won? Madlax, something like 9-4, but clearly FCA wasn't paying attention as they were emptying their bench. Oh, and failed to mention, Madlax didn't have 2 or 3 of their top players. But that's irrelevant. See you in the spring....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/18/20 10:58 AM
How is the ML team doing with all the BLC players? Didn't 6 or 7 move clubs?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/18/20 01:55 PM
How is the ML team doing with all the BLC players? Didn't 6 or 7 move clubs?

NL got most of those players, I think a couple of BLC went to Madlax.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/18/20 07:36 PM
The BLC team that went to Madlax were the 27's.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/18/20 08:05 PM
Did the Hawks play much over the fall? Did they get all the cutters kids?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/18/20 09:57 PM
Did the Hawks play much over the fall? Did they get all the cutters kids?

They played Fall Lax Showdown last weekend, went 2-1, and they played Fall Brawl Nov 8 and went 3-0. Not sure what other events they played, just know b/c my son's team was at the same events.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/18/20 10:02 PM
The BLC team that went to Madlax were the 27's.

FCA 2028 got a few of the Hoco Pink kids, they look pretty good. NL2028 got a chunk of BLC2028 kids, and they look pretty good. Hawks got some Cutters kids, and they look pretty good too. MadLax picked up a couple of BLC2028 kids as well, and they look good too. Sort of stinks that some of these teams aren't hanging on to their core players but I guess that's how it goes.

A bunch of BLC 2027 kids went to MadLax 2027, and then there was also turnover from Madlax to Next Level at the 2023 class as well. Always going to be some churn I suppose, and a couple of guys leave and then some of their teammates follow suit, and on and on.

I understand it but as a parent ideally you'd have your kid stay with the same group of guys from the start all the way through graduation, but that's not realistic.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/21/20 12:26 AM
No cutters kids on Hawks 2028
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/22/20 02:22 PM
No cutters kids on Hawks 2028
Where did they all go?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/28/20 10:00 PM
Most are now True Annapolis.
© Back of THE CAGE