Originally Posted by Anonymous
Or maybe because Nationals' coaches approach players, not parents, and try to recruit them for their teams. I know it happened to several players on DMV teams while the players were coming off the field. The parents were weirded out by it. I can understand something like that happening at the HS level...but at 28 grad year? Come on. I have no idea about the legal issues or if this is the reason why they were booted, but it makes sense. I know many of the big clubs were tired of it. Not just ML and True, but Hawks, Legacy, etc. You add up all these clubs and u take a lot of the tournaments off the table. I'm sure it's killing the Nationals' bottom line. Sounds frivolous to me.

Other clubs certainly approach players. Madlax for sure.

ML had approached mine…

It’s just a bad look for every single one of these clubs. I hope Lou gets paid, only because true and Madlax have the most predatory way about them

Agree that it is a bad look for all of them, and that they all poach each other's players. It's part of the game. But at last year's Orlando tournament, Nationals was adding players to its roster who were already at the event and already rostered on other teams playing at the same event. So the issue was not merely poaching players, but was breaking the rules of the tournament itself.