Originally Posted by Anonymous
On day 1, Madlax Nationals beat #16 and #18 seeds out of 19 teams (combined 0-9 at Naptown). Lost to #8 seed 3D Georgia team that didn’t beat anyone else with winning record. Madlax won rematch vs 3DGa on day 2. Then beat #17 seed. Then got smoked by #4 Red Hots before using weather delay as excuse to ungratefully quit mid game. Other semi-finalists waited it out. Hope the fly-ins got refunds.

Wait, they didn’t come back after weather delay and forfeited the game? What was the score/clock when game was delayed for weather?

The score was 3-0 in favor of Red Hots halfway through the first half when the horn sounded. I watched the game up to that point. The MadLax attack had barely touched the ball and the game was played 95% in the MadLax defensive end. tourney app shows the game as a 3-0 final, so I am assuming the teams did not play after the weather delay. But I can't imagine that Hogan would have not give them a chance to play out the game, so I am wondering if Madlax determined (correctly) that the game was unwinnable, and did not want a 11-1 type of score to go up on the board, so they just decided as a team to quit? I would love to hear from a MadLax family what the team was told by their coaches?
This sounds soooo far fetched. seriously I'm sure there is a totally legit reason (like half the team had to catch flights and weren't willing to miss a flight to finish out a youth lacrosse game).
Nope. There was only one kid from out of town, he’s playing with the team all summer. They had a 30 mile
Drive back to the DMV. Just plain ole quitters. Can’t sugar coat this one. I like the first poster, maybe they were planning on sending the Madlax Monuments to play?

The kids didn't quit. Not one single kid. Parents and kids were told to go home by the coaches. Were told they are going to replay in the morning.

Don't blame the kids.