Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How is WCS any different than Nationals? Or any other conglomerate group of kids from different clubs?

+1

Would love to hear bored MD dads thoughts?

If you include WCS, then All the National “all star” teams from True National to Madlax National and Nationals should be eligible. There are no differences.

Yeah, I don’t know that there is a clear best way to handle the regional teams. I punt on the national teams because the rosters seem to vary so significantly tournament to tournament. So unless you know who is showing up that week, it’s hard to rank them.

Mad Dog West and 3D New England I include because it seems to be basically the same kids tournament to tournament from what I’ve seen, they play quite a few tournaments so we have a decent sample, and they have been fairly stable in their results.

WCS is in between. I don’t have a good feel for whether the roster varies as much as the national teams seem to. But honestly I probably shouldn’t include yet because the sample is so small. One tournament isn’t enough to have any kind of considered opinion.

There is another issue with the “guest player” situation like apparently happened Thunder Upstate. I’m not sure how to handle that best either.

If people have a good solution as to how to do this better, let me know and I’ll try to use in the spring unless US Club or someone else finds a way to give us decent rankings before then.