Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There were at least 6 kids playing for mad lax yesterday who had never been to a practice so as expected, CM played kids from out of town rather than kids on his team. Hopefully he at least told the kids ‘on his team’ that they wouldn’t play in HoCo.

The vast majority of the kids on the field were local. We have two kids from out of town who played significant minutes but all of the local “starters” got at least a half of play time. Actually, several of our bench players got time since our best middie and best attack are both injured. Most of the kids who got very little play time would have gotten little even if we didn’t have the out of towners.

ML’s defense and especially the goalie looked very good in the FCA game. ML also demonstrated good ball movement and competence at fo. The Achilles heel was our shooting both in the quality of shots taken and the failure to shoot when the opportunity presented itself.

The prevailing sentiment on the sideline was that ML exceeded expectations. If we get our injured players back and/or improve our shooting I think there is every reason to believe that ML will have a good HOCO season.

As to the question of whether the departure of players this fall hurt ML. I don’t think you can dispute that at attack and LSM we took a hit. But at defense and especially at goalie there is a marked improvement. I don’t think that point is up for debate when you consider the number of goals scored on DCE in the last two games.

Thanks for the update Madlax goalie dad!