Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
These are the best players in the country (whose parents want to blow $700)!

This is not everything that’s wrong with youth sports, but to tout it as a showcase for the best players in the country and then charge $700 is absolute excrement. I get the players want the cash, but tying “ability” to socioeconomic status is one of the worst things about “elite” lacrosse and something that needs to be fixed before the sport will ever become what it could and should be in this country.

It’s worse than “holdbacks.” Prove me wrong.
Anything PLL is a money grab. Their business model is to supplement player income by running some event everywhere their circus train stops.

<<snort>> This is accurate but I will say that the 28s I've seen announced so far by Apex are some of the better kids (Crabs, Hawks) my son has played against or trained with. I felt like my kid would "probably" make the Apex cut (if there was one) but he's working out 3-5x per week with good coaches already this time of year, plus football, so....didn't seem necessary. Why go through the drama just for another 2 days of workouts for PR he doesn't "need" at the moment.